Monday 6 December 2010

time is running out_CakePHP Missing Database Table Error

okey, so lately am cracking around and I will use this blog to post all the things that help me!
So a huge part of my project is based on mysql and cakephp which I hate, but I have to use it for a various of reasons.
So I wanted to add some new tables in the database of the project am baking, but when I went to the console to bake them, they were not on the list

php /path/cake/console/cake.php bake all -app /path/app/

So I manually typed in the model name and I got a missing database table for model error. I checked and double-checked and the database table was named properly. Turns out that some files inside the /app/tmp/cache/ folder were causing Cake not to recognize that I had added new tables to my database. Once I deleted the cache files cake instantly recognized my new database tables and I was baking away!

rm -Rf /path/app/tmp/cache/cake*

No comments:

Post a Comment